Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I THINK I DID MY MAINE STATE TAXES WRONG. CAN I GO BACK AND RECHECK IT? Can i redo my state taxes?

How do i redo my taxes?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

I THINK I DID MY MAINE STATE TAXES WRONG. CAN I GO BACK AND RECHECK IT? Can i redo my state taxes?

TurboTax calculates your state return based on the information you entered on your federal return.  You might want to go back and check your federal return also, unless what is wrong only applies to the state return.  You can go back to your return to review it and possibly file an amended return if needed.  To amend your state return follow the steps below:

1. Sign in to TurboTax
  2. On the home screen, scroll down to Your tax returns & documents
  3. Select the year you want to amend
  4. Select Amend (change) return
  5. Then Amend using TurboTax Online
  6. Select The IRS or state sent me a notice (this will allow you to amend only your state return without making changes to your federal) and Continue
  7. Select Something Else and Continue
  8. On the screen Tell us which 2023 return(s) you want to amend, select 2023 state
  9. Continue until the Let's Amend your State Taxes screen. Select Amend next to your state return, and continue through the screens to make your amendments.

When amending a return leave all the information the same except for what you need to update.

For more information on amending returns see the following TurboTax help article:

How to File an Amended Tax Return with the IRS

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies