Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I sent of my federal return by mail month ago, why havent i recieved my return?

I sent off my federal return by mail a month ago and I'm guessing it didn't go through yet because my account wasn't updated. and the site isn't allowing me to file state.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I sent of my federal return by mail month ago, why havent i recieved my return?

Did you print, sign, and mail the Federal return?   TurboTax does not mail it for you--you have to do it.  Your TurboTax account will continue to say "Ready to mail" because it won't know if you actually mailed the return or not.

If you are due a Federal refund, it will take 4 weeks just to show up in this IRS "Where's My Refund" tool.  Is anything showing up y
http://www.irs.gov/Refunds
If it still doesn't show up in that tool after 6 weeks, the IRS says you can phone them to check on it.

It normally takes about 6 weeks to get a Federal refund after mailing a paper return.

If you mailed the Federal return, then you have to file the State return by mail, too.  You cannot efile the state return if the Federal return was mailed.  The state return will also have to be printed, signed, and mailed.     You said the site isn't allowing you to file the state return.  It won't let you efile it, but you can mail it. 

We can tell you how to file the state return by mail.  Do you need to know how to print the state return and Filing Instructions?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies