turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

creyes650

I recived a letter 2645c from the irs inside the letter it say that they need 60 day's to finish there audit. Can some please help me

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I recived a letter 2645c from the irs inside the letter it say that they need 60 day's to finish there audit. Can some please help me

This is a notice or letter from the IRS telling the taxpayer that they have received the correspondence sent into IRS.

Many times the IRS has not had time to work the case and this letter serves to let the client / taxpayer know that their case is stilling being worked by the IRS.

Just sit tight while the work on it. TT cannot make the IRS go faster.

View solution in original post

37 Replies

This is a notice or letter from the IRS telling the taxpayer that they have received the correspondence sent into IRS.

Many times the IRS has not had time to work the case and this letter serves to let the client / taxpayer know that their case is stilling being worked by the IRS.

Just sit tight while the work on it. TT cannot make the IRS go faster.

i got the same reply from irs, except they said no audit, no explained reason

RPRoc0421

I got the same letter no audit and no explanation. Just said they need 60 days to send me a complete response on what action they are taking on my account..what the hell does that mean and am I still getting a refund??
tamofi1

I got the same letter and now that the 60 days is up, I get another letter saying they need an Additional 60 days!!!

I received this letter today, cannot find a date as to when you made this post, but can you tell me if you have yet received your refund?

After receiving this form, does the IRS still update the Where's my Refund tool that I check regularly? Or am I wasting my time?  

Every time I call for an update, I get a different story.  First--you have to wait 11 weeks.  Then--You have to wait 11 weeks plus 30 days.  Now--You have to wait 11 weeks, plus 30 days, then you should get a letter within the next 30 days, and then you need to give them 30-60 days to get a final answer. 

HEADACHE.

I get a letter literally every 30 days saying they need another 60 days. I was told I'd have my return TODAY, and guess what? The IRS agent I spoke to today, Mr. Slade, told me September 1st if I am lucky and expect another letter before then "hopefully". He told me my return was concidered "large" (that's laughable) and the IRS isn't releasing a lot of "larger" returns until all i's are dotted and t's are crossed. At this rate they will owe me at least $1000 in interest. I went through this crap last year with a 1040x and didn't get that until October. This is just deterring me from filing anything next year. Let's add an insult to injury as well, my steokid gave her mother mine and my husband's social security numbers (after she broke the box open) who then claimed him and I on her return. The IRS flagged it yet my **bleep** state clearly didn't see a big ol' flag and gave her a state refund of over 5k.
I can wait til she is rotting in Federal prison. Chances are she'll be there before we see our return.
tra24hdz
Returning Member

Did you ever get your refund after the letter? Thanks!

I reveived that same letter I like how it says wait 60 days when i have already waited a year for them to process my 2019 tax refund they sent ne my state check march 2020 and that was it .I will say this it dont make me want to file 2020 taxes

How did this go? I just received the same letter

How did this go? I just received my first 60 day letter.

I had to get my state Senator involved and then it went great, still took over 4 months to get my refund, but I also got interest on the money they were holding,  that I had to claim as income the following year. LOL

jrmck56

I received one today and I don't remember asking for anything.

Its messed because i would get those letters every 60 days saying they still needed more time to do there audit but never asked for anything finally in November they asked for paystubs and didnt process my 2019 tax return until april of this year only for them to now hold up my 2020 tax return saying they need 60 days the kick in the a$$ is that when i did my taxes in 2018 at Jackson Hewitt didnt have a problem iy costed me a almost 500 for them to file it but got my return no issues 2019 i went thru turno tax it was a mess i paid like 200 dollars and couldnt get turbotax to help me with any letters or anything they just said it was the irs and i had to wait i went thru irs efile which took me thru tur3 tax for my 2020 tax return and the irs when i check my wheres my refund they say the information is wrong so maybe i will just quit my job and not file 2021 taxes because the irs cant get it together

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies