al1462

I received a letter from the IRS Integrity & Verification operations about bring in 2016 and 2015 returns to verify my identity. What are they looking for? And will this turn into an audit?

To bring in reutrns including schedules and information returns.  I'm not sure what they are meaning by information returns?
gjweinert

Verify that they are IRS. Let TurboTax represent you. Only have the copy of signed 1040. Do not bring your entire return.

You can bring your drivers license, copy of birth certificate. Do not give them the copy of 1040 unless stated in the written request. Provide the minimum information specifically asked for nothing more. 

fanfare

You will visit the IRS in a local IRS office. You can look up the address of local office in your neighborhood.
gjweinert

Turbo Tax,

I need the ability to answer each question individually.  When I click on a question a display pops up with a red vertical bar and a statement No Answer Posted

jullianb

I've been filing the same way with the same info for the last 20 years. The only changes was with income. Now suddenly, IRS wants to verify my identity which prolongs the return processing process. This is BS.