Solved: I received a 1099-R after I already filed my taxes, what should I do?

I received a 1099-R after I already filed my taxes, what should I do?

I filed for 2016 already thinking all I had for 2016 was my w2. However, I just received a 1099-R in the mail. It's not much money & it hadn't even crossed my mind that I would need to report this. It's less than $500 and the amount with held was about $90. Should I report this? If so, how do I change my what I have already filed (it's been approved already). Thanks.

Yes, you will want to amend your return to make sure you get the proper credit for income and taxes withheld. Once your return has been submitted for e-file, you cannot make any changes until it is either Accepted or Rejected.  The IRS will not receive the change.  

Sine your Return is accepted, you will file a new amended return. Amending is done on Form 1040X.  Also, if your return is accepted, you should not try to amend your return until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund or your payment has cleared.

Amended returns have to be printed and filed by mail.  It can take the IRS up to 12 weeks or longer to process them.   If you are due a larger refund than on your original return, your amended return should only show the difference and you will receive a separate check for it.  If you owe money on your amended return, it will show only the new amount owed, you will have to mail a check with the return.

How to Amend?

How to Amend?