Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

debra3451

I put wrong routing number for my taxes. They deposited in account on Friday the 17th. How can I stop that and fix this.

Is there anyway I can fix this.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NiaW

I put wrong routing number for my taxes. They deposited in account on Friday the 17th. How can I stop that and fix this.

If you've already filed and your return has been accepted or mailed, it's too late to change your bank account for direct deposit . If the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, your bank will return the refund to the IRS and the IRS will mail a refund check to the address provided in the return.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
NiaW

If you've already filed and your return has been accepted or mailed, it's too late to change your bank account for direct deposit . If the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, your bank will return the refund to the IRS and the IRS will mail a refund check to the address provided in the return.

debra3451

My account isn't closed it's active. Then what?
debra3451

My account is active so now what do I do?
NiaW

If the account is active and has your name on it, the IRS would still have deposited the money to that account. Maybe try to contact the bank and see if they can transfer the money where you want it. If the routing number was wrong and the account does not have your name on it, the bank will return the refund to the IRS and the IRS will mail a refund check to the address provided in the return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies