jwalderma

I prepared and filed by mail for my deceased mothers federal taxes for 2021 on 3/9/2022 via UPS Included a copy form 1310 and Testamentary. NO found refund status online

It's impossible to reach an IRS agent via telephone. ANY IDEAS

@jwalderma wrote:

No ideas other than being patient as refunds in this scenario take a considerable length of time.

I still have some people waiting for refunds (for returns filed with 1310s) for the 2020 tax year.

@jwalderma - also, no sense calling the IRS currently - the irs.gov faqs often state that the phone representatives know nothing more than what is on the website.  I'd easily give it 6 months and probably closer to 9 before I began to inqure about status.  The IRS is woefilly backlogged on paper returns. 

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing