turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mtucker1

I pay estimated taxes. 2020 federal return has not been processed even though accepted by IRS back on Feb 12. My records exactly match what IRS has on file

For amounts that I paid.  State return had no issues (do everything same for both).  Been doing estimated taxes now for 5 years.  When I check IRS website they have on file for tax amount paid for 2020 exactly what I have for copies.  However, they are saying that I paid $$ more than I claimed.  I have made 2 est tax payments in 2021 for 2021 that are an exact $$ amount for what they say I am off.  Does anyone know how long it might be before they get this corrected on their end and issue our tax refund which then will allow our stimulus check to be issued?  I have heard that our stimulus checks for 2021 are tied directly into whether or not we have filed our 2020 taxes.  Those that are late filers/or easy return ppl get their stimulus as they based off of 2020/2019 returns.  Those of us with issues are not getting the stimulus yet because our 2020 return is hung up.  They one person I reached at the IRS who couldnt answer more than general questions says they are weeks behind processing and the website for information has issues that they are working on (lack of current updated info)
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

I pay estimated taxes. 2020 federal return has not been processed even though accepted by IRS back on Feb 12. My records exactly match what IRS has on file

That is actually the latest information.  The IRS is processing returns as quickly as they can, but they have had to make several changes that have affected the 2020 income tax returns and as such, has resulted in additional delays in processing returns.

As for the latest stimulus payments, they are being issued in batches and are based upon the latest tax returns filed. Please see the link below for additional information.

How will the 3rd stimulus affect me

Please see the links below for additional guidance from the IRS on how the third stimulus payments are being issued and how to check your status for your payment.

Link to check your third stimulus payment

FAQs for Stimulus payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies