Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I paid TurboTax over $100 to do my taxes and I'm supposed to get a refund of $292 only to get a letter from the IRS stating that I owe them $508 what in God's name happen

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I paid TurboTax over $100 to do my taxes and I'm supposed to get a refund of $292 only to get a letter from the IRS stating that I owe them $508 what in God's name happen

what does the letter say that the IRS changed.  it may help if you tell us the form or letter number.

we can not see your return or the letter

if you want more help for which there may be a fee

The Audit Defense service is provided by TaxResources, Inc., also called TaxAudit.com, in partnership with TurboTax. If you paid for Audit Defense and you received a notice, call TaxResources, Inc. at 877-829-9695, or report your notice on their website at http://intuit.taxaudit.com/. Do not contact the tax agency until you have spoken to TaxResources. They may contact them on your behalf.

most everyone who posts on these boards with a similar experience has an adjustment on Line 28 (Child Care Credit) or Line 30 (Recovery Rebate Credit / Stimulus); it normally boils down to the taxpayer stating they received less IN CASH last year for these two benefits than the IRS records indicate., resulting in a reduced refund or increased amount owed for the difference 

what does the letter state? 

what do you have on these two line items?  Please post and from that I can probably explain what occured. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies