Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sutton901

I need to update my return; i received a W-2 from Voya that was not included in my 2016 return. How long do i have to make the change?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

I need to update my return; i received a W-2 from Voya that was not included in my 2016 return. How long do i have to make the change?

If you are wanting to finish your 2016 return that has not been filed, then you have until midnight tonight to finish. If you are amending your 2016 return, then you have longer. You have up to three years form the due date of your return which is today, to file an amendment. However, if you are going to owe money then you should try to file as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

If you are wanting to finish your 2016 return that has not been filed, then you have until midnight tonight to finish. If you are amending your 2016 return, then you have longer. You have up to three years form the due date of your return which is today, to file an amendment. However, if you are going to owe money then you should try to file as soon as possible.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies