Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

splesh01

I need to amend my return. If the Edit button does not take me to the necessary form that requires editing (and instead, refreshes the page), what should I do?

I logged back in to amend my return, as I was issued a W-2c. I selected the appropriate reason for amending, and was directed to the "Here's the info for your amended federal return" page, where I was prompted with "Start" buttons to amend the necessary fields. When I clicked "Start" on the Wages & Income button, the page refreshed to show the grey "Edit" button had replaced "Start". When I click on "Edit", I am redirected to the very same page, instead of the form I need to edit.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieS
Expert Alumni

I need to amend my return. If the Edit button does not take me to the necessary form that requires editing (and instead, refreshes the page), what should I do?

Yes, the links don't always work as intended, but there's always another way to get to where you need to go. 

Here's how to navigate to the W-2 page:

1. Select Wages & Income on the left-side menu. 
  2. Select Edit/ Add to the right of Job (W-2).
  3. Expand the W-2 that needs to be corrected by selecting the down arrow to the right.
  4. Select Edit below the W-2.
  5. Check your W-2C for corrected boxes and change just those boxes to the corrected numbers. Leave any boxes not corrected on the form as they were before.
  6. Continue through the section until you have made all the changes on your W-2C.
  7. Select Review and address any details.  
  8. Answer all of the questions to complete your federal amended return.
  9. If you need to amend your state return also, keep going through the state amended return.
  10. Continue into the File section to e-file, or print and mail your amended returns. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies