Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I missed a tax doc

I already received my refund but I forgot a small $30 portfolio I had. Do I need to refile?
1 Reply
Opus 17
Level 15

I missed a tax doc

You don't have to report that you hold investments, just the income they earn.  If you forgot to report income, you should prepare an amended return and see if it changes your tax bill.

Alternatively, for that small amount, if you just wait, the IRS will probably send you a bill if they spot the missing income and if it changes your tax owed, and you could pay then. 

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings