Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jonesd
Returning Member

I’m getting frustrated where the rest of my money

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If you filed both a state and federal tax return, the refunds come separately from each tax authority. Have you received one but not the other? Or did you have your TurboTax fees paid from your federal refund and the refund was reduced for that reason?

@jonesd 

This is a duplicate thread.

Also see the information left for you in your other thread at the link below.  If you don't explain your situation, then there's not much information to provide.    There's only so much guessing that can be done without info.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/i-need-someone-to-call-me-about-my-taxes...

Did you only use Free Edition, or did you have any TurboTax fees  that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund, such as PLUS, Audit Defense/MAX, etc.?

If it was the IRS or state tax agency that reduced your refund, they should send you a letter in 3 weeks or so, or we can tell you how to phone them to inquire.    Which one did you receive?  Are you referring to a Federal refund or a state refund?   Who is the refund from when you look in your bank account?

The Federal refund amount is shown on your Federal Form 1040, Line 20a.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies