Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm filing my NC returns by paper mail - how do I change my refund address AFTER completing TurboTax online and downloading my documents? I have not mailed my documents yet but cannot access "File" since I finished up online.

To be clear, I'm required to file my NC state returns by mail this year because of my PY status ever since I moved back to my home country (India) in August last year. Despite having typed my Indian home address correctly for a check refund, the address appears all glitched up on my return (incomplete address, words left out, no zip code).

I'm assuming this is because of a different country's address formatting? Is there a way to go back into my files and check/change my mailing address? I haven't mailed my return yet, but I also cannot go back to "File" to revisit my refund options because I already completed my TurboTax tax documents. My status currently reads "Ready to Mail".

What should I do? Does the IRS have my correct address based on what I had typed and submitted to TurboTax (through the online database)? Or do the officials simply look at my mailed paper return and manually type out what's on the paper?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieS
Expert Alumni

I'm filing my NC returns by paper mail - how do I change my refund address AFTER completing TurboTax online and downloading my documents? I have not mailed my documents yet but cannot access "File" since I finished up online.

Yes, you can get back in and edit the address if you need to. Here's how to do that:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account.
  2. Select Add State.
  3. Select My Info or Personal Info on the left side menu.
  4. You can edit your address here and reprint the pages that have the address on them. 

You can also make corrections to the address on your mailing copies by crossing off, or using White Out, and writing the correct information in. That can get messy.

If you e-filed your federal return, the address as you entered it is used as your address.

When you mail in your return, a person processes it and types in your information as they see it on the paper. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies