VAsurfer2213

I'm a 6 year student from 2011-2016 and classified as a Junior. I have not completed enough to classify me as a senior, However, Am I eligible to check (No) on the box?

This is for the First 4 years question in regards to the American Opportunity Credit.

Texas Roger

You are only allowed to claim the American Opportunity Credit for 4 tax years. If it has been previously claimed for 4 tax years by you or by someone who has claimed you as a dependent, you can't claim it any more. If you have not previously claimed it in 4 tax years, you are still eligible to claim it since you have not yet completed 4 academic years of undergraduate study. 

Texas Roger