cassidy104

I just received my refund and it was incorrect what do I need to do?

NatalieC

Why is my federal refund less than I expected?

Your refund may be different if:

• You used our Refund Processing Services to pay for your TurboTax fees.
  • Your refund was reduced by the government to correct a calculation error or through a refund offset.
    • All or part of a taxpayers refund may have been used (offset) to pay off past-due federal tax, state income tax, state unemployment compensation debts, child support, spousal support, or other federal nontax debts, such as student loans. Taxpayers may also see a change in their refund amount because the IRS made a change to their tax return. 
    • Taxpayers will receive a notice explaining the refund offset.  The notice will reflect the original refund amount, your offset amount, the agency receiving the payment, and the address and telephone number of the agency. The IRS Where’s My Refund? will also reflect the reasons for the refund offset when it relates to a change in your tax return.
    • More information see IRS Tax Topic:  Tax Topic 203.

NatalieC

Your refund may be different if: