jamiseidyNY

I just filed 2020's tax return without 1099-INT, received from bank this weekend, what can I do now?

Hi

I just filed my federal & State tax return without 1099-INT on 2/13. Earlier when I checked with my bank, they said my interest was less than $10 and will not receive any, however I just received by mail this weekend ($51.92). What should I do now?

Thanks & regards,

Jami

bluedeb

Once you e-file a return, you cannot get it back, cancel it, or make any changes to it.  You will have to wait until your return gets accepted or rejected to make any changes.  Do not make any changes to your e-filed return, it will not go through.  You will have to wait until then to see if your return is accepted or rejected.

If rejected, you can enter or change your information, then re-e-file.

If accepted, you would have to amend your return to make changes or add information.

Also, the Federal amended return (1040X), will not be available until around 3/25/21 (subject to change).

bluedeb