superbeam079

I just amended my state tax, but now you asked me to amend my federal when there is no change with the federal return at all. Do I still have to amend my federal tax?

you gave me the filled out form for amended 1040x what should I do with it, since there is no change.

AnthonyC

No.  If there are no changes to the Federal and no reason to amend the Federal return, then you can just ignore the printed 1040X.  Amended returns are not "filed" unless you actually mail the forms, so because one was filled out on TurboTax won't matter.  You can discard the 1040X.

AnthonyC

superbeam079

Thanks so much. Just the answer I needed to hear.