Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have to do an amendment due to a duplicate 1098. Can I make payments? When I am submitting, it doesn't give me that option.

I didn't realize I submitted it twice. It says I can submit the whole amount or send a check. Can I send the 1040V form in along with a 9465 installment request form?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ClarissaA
Employee Tax Expert

I have to do an amendment due to a duplicate 1098. Can I make payments? When I am submitting, it doesn't give me that option.

After you file your amended return, you can absolutely make the request for the installment agreement.  

I wouldn't suggest sending the 1040-V with the installment agreement request (Form 9465) as you may generate some confusion when the IRS is trying to process it.  

I actually recommend filing your Installment Agreement Request to pay your amended balance due online at https://www.irs.gov/payments/online-payment-agreement-application

The IRS charges an application fee for payment plans - the fee is $31 if you file online, and $107 if you file your payment plan request by any other means (by mail, phone, etc.)   Filing the application online saves you some money (that you can put towards your balance due, which will help minimize the interest you end up paying on the taxes you owe.) 

Clarissa
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies