cherriebrookins

I have already filed my tax return but I left off my church contribution, can I still add or is it too late?

WillK

If you already filed and your return was rejected you are able to login to your return, add the church contribution and fix the errors that caused the rejection.

If you already filed your return and it was accepted you will need to file an amended return to report your church contribution. . You should not try to amend your return until the original return it has been fully processed and you have received your refund or your payment has cleared.

Amended returns do not “catch up” to your original return and replace them; they are processed as two separate returns.  

Amended returns have to be printed and filed by mail.  It can take the IRS up to 12 weeks or longer to process them.   If you are due a larger refund than on your original return, your amended return should only show the difference and you will receive a separate check for it.  If you owe money on your amended return, it will show only the new amount owed, you will have to mail a check with the return. Click here for amending instructions:

WillK