I had big donation over $5000 in clothes and furniture to Goodwill. did not have an appraisal done. I e-filed by taxes - how do I amend?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oscarkris

I had big donation over $5000 in clothes and furniture to Goodwill. did not have an appraisal done. I e-filed by taxes - how do I amend?

5 Replies
macuser_22
Level 15

Did you actually have enough deductions to itemize?   Was a Schedule A part of your tax return?
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
oscarkris

Yes. My AGI is $395K. I had $49K in itemized deductions which included int, prop tax, cash gifts. My return was just accepted by IRS. I’m concerned they may still ask for appraisal of charitable gifts (clothing, small furniture etc)
oscarkris

..and I still have a payment due to the IRS.
oscarkris

I think I found my answer. The $5000 applies to a specific item. I broke mine out in groups, est value via turbo tax.  Thank you for replying. I still owe a tax, however. Ugh!
AlanT
Expert Alumni

Please see the FAQ below for instructions on amending your income tax return. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings