I had big donation over $5000 in clothes and furniture to Goodwill. did not have an appraisal done. I e-filed by taxes - how do I amend?

oscarkris

macuser_22

Did you actually have enough deductions to itemize?   Was a Schedule A part of your tax return?
oscarkris

Yes. My AGI is $395K. I had $49K in itemized deductions which included int, prop tax, cash gifts. My return was just accepted by IRS. I’m concerned they may still ask for appraisal of charitable gifts (clothing, small furniture etc)
oscarkris

..and I still have a payment due to the IRS.
oscarkris

I think I found my answer. The $5000 applies to a specific item. I broke mine out in groups, est value via turbo tax.  Thank you for replying. I still owe a tax, however. Ugh!
AlanT

Please see the FAQ below for instructions on amending your income tax return.