Solved: I had a "debt" that came in the mail after I filed, and I forgot to add in my student loans and I also need to know how to change children that I claimed on my tax return

I had a "debt" that came in the mail after I filed, and I forgot to add in my student loans and I also need to know how to change children that I claimed on my tax return

the other parent wants to claim the other child, but we do not live in the same household and he pays child support, is this possible?

In order to change information on a return you already filed you will need to amend your return. Follow these steps to amend your return.

• Sign in to your TurboTax account, if you're not already signed in
  • in the 2016 Tax Year section, click Amend (change) return
  • In the pop-up, click Amend using TurboTax O(nline
  • Click Continue on the We'll help you change (amend) your return screen
  • Follow the on-screen directions to amend your return.
  • When you're done, we'll provide instructions to print and mail your amended return because an amended return can't be e-filed.

For your child's other parent to claim your child, the child would have to be his qualifying child. the parent with whom the child lived the longest during the tax year is the parent who is eligible to claim the child. See https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p596.pdf for more information on this topic.