jeremywashington

I got my return, moved to a new place, now need to file an amended tax return. Which address do I use on the amended return?

Should I file a Form 8822 before or after sending the amended return?

Texas Roger

Enter your new address on your amended return. An amended return can take up to 16 weeks to process. 

You should go ahead and file a change of address form now in case the IRS needs to contact you about your original return. 

Texas Roger

jeremywashington

I was leaning this way, better to have them contact me about address issues than send my check to the old place. Thanks for the quick response.