Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got a Arizona Families Tax credit after I submitted my taxes. I need to fill out a form 1099-misc form from the state. How do I submit this form for my taxes?

I got a Arizona Families Tax credit after I submitted my taxes. The IRS says this is now taxable income and I need to fill out a form 1099-misc form from the state. How do I submit this form for my taxes?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

I got a Arizona Families Tax credit after I submitted my taxes. I need to fill out a form 1099-misc form from the state. How do I submit this form for my taxes?

Yes, you are correct the rebate is subject to federal income tax and needs to be reported on your 2023 tax return.  The Arizona Department of Revenue issued Form 1099-MISC, if you did not receive it you can go to View My 1099 Form to get it.  The rebate is not subject to Arizona income tax.  

If you already filed your return, an amended return is to be filed to add the 1099-MISC.  Before you file, you must wait until the initial return is completely processed.   Use the same TurboTax account that you used for the original tax return.  Only make changes to the areas of your return that need amending.

To add the form to your return:

1. Select Wages and Income
  2. Scroll down to Other Common Income and select Start by 1099-MISC
  3. Enter your 1099-MISC and select Continue
  4. Enter AZ Rebate for the description and Continue
  5. On the Does one of these uncommon situations apply? screen, select None of these apply
  6. On the Did this involve work that's like your main job? screen, select No, it didn't involve work like my main job
  7. On the How often did you get this income? screen, select I got it in 2023 and Continue
  8. On the next screen, select No, it didn’t involve an intent to earn money and Continue
  9. On the next screen, select No, if you don’t have any more forms to enter and Continue

When you get to your state make sure you adjust the rebate amount under your state adjustments.   

For more information on amended returns see the following TurboTax help article:

How to File an Amended Tax Return with the IRS

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies