Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kdamrow

I finished my taxes and they were accepted. I filed for homestead credit. do i need to do anything further with the form? send it

do i need to send the actual form somewhere for proof?  I filed online.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MicheleR

I finished my taxes and they were accepted. I filed for homestead credit. do i need to do anything further with the form? send it

For example, if filing for this credit and you are a Wisconsin resident: "If you do qualify for a credit, you may be required to submit a copy of your 2017 property tax bill (if you owned and occupied your home) or an original rent certificate signed by your landlord (if you rented your home) along with your Schedule H or H-EZ. The filing deadline for a 2017 claim is April 15, 2022, for most claimants. Do not file your 2017 Schedule H or H-EZ before January 1, 2018."

What should I do if I already filed my Wisconsin income tax return and now want to file my homestead credit claim? What should I attach to my separately filed homestead credit claim?

"If you previously filed your Wisconsin income tax return and now wish to file a claim for homestead credit, you should write "Income Tax Return Separately Filed" on the top of your Schedule H or H-EZ. Before mailing your Schedule H or H-EZ, attach the following behind your claim:"

• Your completed 2017 rent certificate(s) and/or a copy of your 2017 property tax bill(s).
  • Other homestead credit notes, schedules, or legal documents.
  • Schedule GL, Gain or Loss on the Sale of Your Home, if you sold your principal residence during 2017.
  • Copies of any wage statements, Forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, and 1098-T.

Delays to your refund will happen if all the proper documents are not attached to your Homestead Credit claim.

Please see link for Wisconsin Department of Revenue for more information on the Homestead Credit:  https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/FAQS/ise-home.aspx

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

MS 5-77
    WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
    PO Box 8949
    Madison WI 53708-8949
    Phone: (608) 266-8641
    Fax: (608) 267-1030
    Email additional questions to DORHomesteadCredit@wisconsin.gov

*NOTE: For all other states see your State Department of Revenue for specific instructions for your state.

I got the form from its and need help filling it out

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Attached is a copy of the form and the instructions for filing it out.

WI Homestead Credit H-EZ

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies