Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I finished my returns on April 04, 2020. It is still saying “pending” but when I look, it says received by IRS DEC 31. How is that even possible?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

I finished my returns on April 04, 2020. It is still saying “pending” but when I look, it says received by IRS DEC 31. How is that even possible?

So your e-file status with TurboTax is showing that your return is pending? Then when you go to the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site, it shows received Dec 31st? I have seen other customers report the same incorrect date. It seems there maybe some sort of glitch on the IRS site possibly. I would suggest to continue watching your e-file status and the  Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. The return usually takes 48-72 hours or longer to be "accepted" by the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

So your e-file status with TurboTax is showing that your return is pending? Then when you go to the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site, it shows received Dec 31st? I have seen other customers report the same incorrect date. It seems there maybe some sort of glitch on the IRS site possibly. I would suggest to continue watching your e-file status and the  Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. The return usually takes 48-72 hours or longer to be "accepted" by the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies