turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ginaau57

I filed with turbotax last year (2022) using the software download. I've deleted the software since and didn't save my taxes as a pdf. How can I get my last year taxes?

The tax return is on my laptop, but I can't open it without the software. I still have the license code, but can't find where to download it. I tried logging into the same Turbotax account, but I get the message "it looks like you didn't file with us in 2022" even though I have the confirmation email. Please help!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieS
Expert Alumni

I filed with turbotax last year (2022) using the software download. I've deleted the software since and didn't save my taxes as a pdf. How can I get my last year taxes?

Yes, you will need to reinstall the software to open your 2022 return. Follow this link to get started. 

If you have a Mac, use this link instead.

When you file using software installed on your computer, you are responsible for saving a copy of your own return. If you saved a PDF copy of your return, you would be able to open the file, so the file you saved must be a .tax2022 file, which can only be opened from TurboTax software. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies