cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

I filed my sons tax return state and federal last year he owed will they take it out if this years refund ( I hope ) thanks to whomever responds

No additional details 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 2

I filed my sons tax return state and federal last year he owed will they take it out if this years refund ( I hope ) thanks to whomever responds

Yes, if he owed on his federal and/or state return from last year, and hasn't paid off the debt(s), any refunds he might have coming this year will offset to last year's tax debts.

2 Replies
Level 2

Yes, if he owed on his federal and/or state return from last year, and hasn't paid off the debt(s), any refunds he might have coming this year will offset to last year's tax debts.

Level 1

He most likely will have a penalty for not paying by April 15th of 2018. That will increase what he owes.