Solved: I filed an ammendment which gives me a $1000 refund. I originally owed $1213. Do I pay $1213 and wait for refund, or do I just pay $213?

I filed an ammendment which gives me a $1000 refund. I originally owed $1213. Do I pay $1213 and wait for refund, or do I just pay $213?

My recommendation is to file your amendment as soon as possible and pay the $213.  Also, the refund will not come to you if you owe the IRS a balance.  They will keep whatever refund that is due to you to cover the amount a taxpayer owes.  Therefore, file the amendment and pay the $213 before April 18th 2017 if you can.