Solved: I filed an ammendment which gives me a $1000 refund. I originally owed $1213. Do I pay $1213 and wait for refund, or do I just pay $213?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I filed an ammendment which gives me a $1000 refund. I originally owed $1213. Do I pay $1213 and wait for refund, or do I just pay $213?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed an ammendment which gives me a $1000 refund. I originally owed $1213. Do I pay $1213 and wait for refund, or do I just pay $213?

My recommendation is to file your amendment as soon as possible and pay the $213.  Also, the refund will not come to you if you owe the IRS a balance.  They will keep whatever refund that is due to you to cover the amount a taxpayer owes.  Therefore, file the amendment and pay the $213 before April 18th 2017 if you can. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

My recommendation is to file your amendment as soon as possible and pay the $213.  Also, the refund will not come to you if you owe the IRS a balance.  They will keep whatever refund that is due to you to cover the amount a taxpayer owes.  Therefore, file the amendment and pay the $213 before April 18th 2017 if you can. 

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings