Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed an amendment on my federal taxes and state by accident . My fed was rejected and now the IRS and TurboTax is asking me to correct it. Pls delete the fed taxes

I need help deleting my federal amendment because it's delaying my back payment
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I filed an amendment on my federal taxes and state by accident . My fed was rejected and now the IRS and TurboTax is asking me to correct it. Pls delete the fed taxes

since it was rejected and the filing was unintentional, nothing needs to be done for the federal return.  if the state was accepted (strange since most states do not accept e-filed amended returns) what needs to be done is unknown until the state processes it.   there is no way to delete the online return.  what you can do is access the return and remove all changes you made.

If you submitted an amendment and IRS told you to correct it, you must do so.

You can't cancel what you did.

You probably got a  REJECTED message when you submitted, and in that case,

Mike9241 above is correct.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies