turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kimmy1964

I filed an amended return, I know its a paper check, IRS said it was issued in june. I still haven't received it. Unsuccessful contacting IRS.I can't get a live person?

I can't find out if its been cashed and stolen nor can I even get a hold of anyone or find a way to report it lost (if it is) I don't know what to do. I need that money since pandemic my hours have been cut in half.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I filed an amended return, I know its a paper check, IRS said it was issued in june. I still haven't received it. Unsuccessful contacting IRS.I can't get a live person?

How do I get a replacement refund check!
you should initiate a refund trace:

Call us at 800-829-1954 (toll-free) and either use the automated system or speak with an agent.

However, if you filed a married filing jointly return, you can’t initiate a trace using the automated systems. Download and complete the Form 3911, Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund PDF or the IRS can send you a Form 3911 to get the replacement process started.
Your claim for a missing refund is processed one of two ways:

If the check wasn't cashed, you'll receive a replacement check once the original check is canceled.
If the refund check was cashed, the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BFS) will provide you with a claim package that includes a copy of the cashed check. Follow the instructions for completing the claim package. BFS will review your claim and the signature on the canceled check before determining whether they can issue you a replacement check. The BFS review can take up to six weeks to complete.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3911.pdf 

see page 112 of 1040instructions for where to mail 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040gi.pdf 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies