If you’ve elected to pay the TurboTax fees through your refund , the paper check option won’t be available. The reason for this is because the IRS will mail the paper check directly to you, so there would be no way to have the fees taken from that check before it's sent to you. Direct deposit is required if you are choosing to have the TurboTax fees taken out of your refund.
If you want to get a paper check, you will need to remove the option to have the fees taken out of your return and pay for your TurboTax fees with either a credit or debit card, and then you will get option to select to receive a paper check.
Here's how to remove the refund processing service:
Once you have removed the refund processing service you can revisit the File section in TurboTax Online and choose the paper check option:
· Once you sign into your return, Click the File section, click Start in the Step 1 section.
· On the next screen, scroll down to the bottom and click View Payment Options.
· Then click Pay with credit card to enter your card information.
· Once you complete Step 1, click Revisit in the Step 2 section
· On the How would you like to get your federal refund? screen, select Paper Check. Click Continue.