Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

codyc4456

I didn’t know I had to print my tax return and mail it. so I never got my tax return back

I didn’t know I had to print my tax papers out and mail them to get my return, so I never got my tax return back
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I didn’t know I had to print my tax return and mail it. so I never got my tax return back

Hey, first of all, don't worry.  You'll still be able to get your tax refund, if you are due one.   If you are due a Federal refund, there is no penalty for filing late.

What is the rest of your story?   Did you choose to file your return by mail, i.e.,  by printing and mailing?  If so, then yes, you would have to print it, sign it, and mail it yourself.    TurboTax does not print and mail a paper return for you.   Do you still want to file by that method?   It can take the IRS about 6 weeks or longer to process a paper return.

Or do you want to switch filing methods and try to efile?    If so, see this FAQ.   It tells you how to open your return back up, change filing methods, and go on to efile.   NOTE:   If you have already actually filed (e.g, actually printed and physically mailed the return), don't file again.

FAQ:  How do I change from mail to efile in Online TurboTax?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies