Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

riverrck

I did not have a refund on my 2018 tax return, so although I efiled I did not enter my bank account information for direct deposit. How can I add my bank account information, so I can receive the spe

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I did not have a refund on my 2018 tax return, so although I efiled I did not enter my bank account information for direct deposit. How can I add my bank account information, so I can receive the spe

WAIT ....   and watch :  https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Jarhead01

Turbo Tax's Stimulus Registration site is a bust!  For all of us like you who use Turbo Tax, and have to pay taxes, there has been no opportunity to provide our banking information over the past two years.  We pay our taxes without providing banking info for refunds.  When you try to use their Stimulus Registration portal, it only works for those who have failed to file in the last two years.  Their "auto response" is of no help either.  THE IRS DOES NOT HAVE OUR BANKING INFO FROM PREVIOUS YEARS WITH TURBO TAX, so we need to provide it, even though we have dutifully completed our taxes online each year with Turbo Tax.  I don't understand why they can't digest your, and the rest of our simple question.....ponderous.  I'm loosing faith in a hurry even though I have used Turbo Tax for over ten years.  Their Stimulus Registration site is not, repeat, NOT looking after their current and long time customers!  It better not turn out to be some marketing scam, or 2019 will be my last year with them!

OK ... TAKE A CHILL PILL ... what TT has been able to do under the circumstances is a miracle and unprecedented ... they HAVE given the folks who are NOT required to file and do NOT get SS benefits a way to file a simple return to give just the basic information for the stimulus checks.   My professional program still doesn't have this part worked out yet. 

HOWEVER  if you do need to file a 2019 return and you are not going to file now  AND you need to update the mailing address and/or DD info then you will need to wait a bit longer until the IRS opens it's own portal or gives the DIY programmers something to work with.   https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

If you are required to file or will be filing a 2019 RETURN for a refund   then do NOT under any circumstances use the option for non filers as this will only make your situation much much worse going forward. 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

stimulus filing 1.jpg

Same here!! Exactly!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies