Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did not get my $511- federal refund from Green Dot Bank. My e-mail is xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx. I paid for the return through my net refund of $286.03. Jerry Zacharatos

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I did not get my $511- federal refund from Green Dot Bank. My e-mail is xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx. I paid for the return through my net refund of $286.03. Jerry Zacharatos

This is a public Internet forum.  For your privacy and security, please do not post personal info in the forum.  It looks like the forum filter has censored the email address you posted, which is good.  Please do not repost it or any other personal info.   If you want to remove your name above, you can edit your original question.

You may need to explain where the figures you mentioned above are coming from.   Your situation is not clear.  I don't understand what you mean by a Federal refund of $511 if your "net refund" you said was  $286.03.   Or is $286.03 the amount you paid for your TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund, leaving you an expected refund of 224.97?   Or did you have TurboTax fees of 224.97?   If you chose to pay fees out of the Federal refund, there is also an additional 39.99 service fee (44.99 for California filers) plus possible sales tax.

Or by "net refund of 286.03" did that mean you have a Federal refund of $511 and state taxes due (owed) of 224.97?   If you had to pay state taxes, you have to pay them yourself.  TurboTax does not pay any state taxes for you out of the Federal refund.

Are you sure the Federal refund amount shown on your return is $511, and that that's not the total refund of any Federal and state refunds (if applicable) added together?    What is the Fed refund amount on your Federal Form 1040, Line 20a?

So please explain the figures you mentioned above and what they represent.

As for receiving the Federal refund, let's start at the beginning to see what is going on.  I'll ask you to check several things.

Did you choose to get your Federal refund in a bank checking account or a prepaid debit card?   If a card, is it the Turbo Prepaid Visa Card?

If you efiled, use this tool to confirm that your efiled return was accepted.

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

If that tool showed that the return was accepted (or if filed by mail), then what is showing at this IRS "Where's My Refund" site?   Has your refund been released, or is it still processing?

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

NOTE: Be sure you enter only the Federal refund amount and not any total amount that includes a state refund. The figure to enter appears on your Federal Form 1040, Line 20a.

Has the IRS released the refunds, but you haven't received the funds?    Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of your Federal refund?   If so, the funds will go first from the IRS to a temporary account at either Civista Bank or Green Dot Bank.  Then they subtract the fees and send the rest to your bank (or card) in a second direct deposit.    If you used that service, and if the IRS has released the funds, we can tell you how to check on it by logging into your temporary account at the company that handles that (SBTPG, aka Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.)

@jzacha5450 

I edited the answer above to include more info and to insert a link that was accidentally left out.  You may have been emailed the incomplete answer.  Please return to the user forum to see the full info.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies