bb5703

I checked the status of my return it says that it is in a collection process tax topic 201. how do i find out ? does turbo tax notify me or will the irs, if i owe more..

return states $33 to be refunded but irs has me in a tax topic 201 for collection

WillK

Tax topic 201 means that you owe taxes for the year. The IRS will send you a letter and bill with an explanation on why you owe and how much. Best thing to do is call the IRS and speak to a representative there. They can answer your questions and let you know what you need to do. https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc201

WillK