Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I came to know my spouse ITIN expired after Federal refund processed with adjusted amount. Later i have renewed it.Should i file amendment to process remaining amount?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I came to know my spouse ITIN expired after Federal refund processed with adjusted amount. Later i have renewed it.Should i file amendment to process remaining amount?

Once the ITIN is renewed, any exemptions and/or credits previously disallowed will be reconsidered at that time.

boreddys

I have the same question. Above answer is not clear to me. Should we file amendment after ITIN renewed or IRS will automatically refund the remaining amount? Please clarify.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please see this link for guidance from the IRS.  Under Q18, there is an option to contact the IRS to check on the status of your application if you submitted your request to renew your ITIN.  The IRS will be able to direct you as it specifically relates to the processing of your tax return.

@boreddys 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies