Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I amended my tax return unemployment but read after I didn’t have to what should I do to undo it ?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I amended my tax return unemployment but read after I didn’t have to what should I do to undo it ?

If you already mailed the amended return, or e-filed it and it was accepted, you can't undo it. Just wait until the dust settles, and don't do anything more. You will probably get the refund from the IRS recalculation of your tax return before they process the amended return. Eventually you will get a letter from the IRS telling you what they did with the amended return. That could take 6 months or more. Hopefully they will just ignore the amended return. After you get the letter you'll see if you have to take any further action.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If you already mailed the amended return, or e-filed it and it was accepted, you can't undo it. Just wait until the dust settles, and don't do anything more. You will probably get the refund from the IRS recalculation of your tax return before they process the amended return. Eventually you will get a letter from the IRS telling you what they did with the amended return. That could take 6 months or more. Hopefully they will just ignore the amended return. After you get the letter you'll see if you have to take any further action.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies