Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

boswellmi

I am working on my individual state tax return for South Carolina. Where so I locate the motor fuel usage credit? I don't see it any where.

It is based on the number of gallons of gas you purchase for two cars for residents. They give this credit because they collect .02 for every gallon purchased for road projects, etc. It should be form I-385 but that is no where on Turbo Tax. It has been in the past though. The state did not terminate the credit.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

I am working on my individual state tax return for South Carolina. Where so I locate the motor fuel usage credit? I don't see it any where.

According to the SC Department of Revenue website, the Motor Fuel Income Tax Credit is no longer available starting in 2023.  

Here is a link for further confirmation.  Look at the section New for Tax Year 2023:

SC Department of Revenue

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

According to the SC Department of Revenue website, the Motor Fuel Income Tax Credit is no longer available starting in 2023.  

Here is a link for further confirmation.  Look at the section New for Tax Year 2023:

SC Department of Revenue

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies