Solved: I am amending my taxes because I accidentally claimed myself as a dependent and the review section says that there are other changes I made even though I did not

I am amending my taxes because I accidentally claimed myself as a dependent and the review section says that there are other changes I made even though I did not

I had around $800 in my tax return and now it says I owe $89, I don't know where that came from

If you filed your taxes originally and were getting an $800 return this is completely separate from filing an amended return.

When you start an amended return the TurboTax resets the refund amount to 0 because it's made to think you have already filed with the numbers you have entered. So the amended value of owing $89 is completely separate from your refund of $800.