pthess

I am amending my filed 2017 Massachusetts income tax return. Do I need to send in Form M-8453 with my amended return? Do I include W2s and 1099s if they didn't change?

KatrinaB

No. You only send in forms that document the changes you made to your return. For example, if you added another form W-2 when you amended your return then you would send a copy of it.

BILLNET

605.1. Amending Tax Returns

...Please note: the amended return must include all forms and schedules included with the original return to be processed correctly. Do not include any additional documents, like a copy of the original return or an application for abatement.