1ericamcg

I am amending my federal return since I got new w-2s. I havent recieved my state refund yet. Can I amend just the federal until I recieve a return from state?

Got my federal refund. Recieved new w2s to enter after filing though. I need to send an amendment but the state sent a letter asking for copies of w2s 1099s drivers license etc to protect my identity. So states refund is delayed. Can I amend just the federal for now and wait to do the state?  

Vanessa

Yes, you can amend your federal for now and wait to do the state. However, since you need to send the state your W2's and stuff you can also send the state the additional W2's and amended return at the same time.  

Vanessa