Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I already filed for Federal, PA, and NJ and just received a 1099-INT form for $50.47. should I amend? Should I amend and send to just Federal? or PA and NJ as well?

I don't know if I should amend for just Federal? or also for the states of PA and NJ. I live in NJ and work in PA that's why I have both states. the 1099-INT has $50.47 interest.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

I already filed for Federal, PA, and NJ and just received a 1099-INT form for $50.47. should I amend? Should I amend and send to just Federal? or PA and NJ as well?

You can either amend your return now or wait for the IRS to send you an automated notice letter proposing an increase in taxes due to the unreported income. You can, then, agree to the changes and pay the difference in tax. 

If you decide to amend your federal return, then you should amend your state returns as well. Please follow the directions in the TurboTax FAQ below to prepare your 2018 amended returns.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

Note: You will need to mail the completed returns. An amended return is not eligible for e-file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies