ronibicol143

I accidentally checked Yes to the “Do you want to elect direct deposit of any federal tax refund?” What happen to the rest of the refund money that I did not received?

I accidently checked Yes to the “Do you want to elect direct deposit of any federal tax refund?”’ I already e-file and got some of refund back. But did not received the rest. So what happen to the rest of the refund money that I did not received? 

WillK

If you elected to have your federal tax refund directly deposited the amount that the IRS shows in their records is what will be deposited. If there is a difference in what your return said and what was directly deposited, it could be a few things: (1) Your state comes at a different time that your federal refund. Some people forget this and expect all their refund money to come at once, (2) The IRS may have made some adjustments to your return based on information that they had, which in turn can change the amount of the refund due to you, or (3) The IRS might be hold some of your refund back pending a review of your return.

Best course of action is to contact the IRS and speak to a tax representative there and see what they are showing in their system. The IRS does not share any of the tax information with Turbo Tax, so we have no way if knowing why. The IRS will be able to explain to you what is going on, and what you can expect. 

WillK