Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How To Resubmit 8453-Corp due to signature missing

Hello, I just efiled and when I downloaded copy of return, its seems TT did not pick up the electronic signature I added on the 8453-Corp, how can i resubmit the file, I just got email it was accpeted..Thank You

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

If you received a request to submit Form 8453 (US Individual Income Tax Transmittal for an IRS e-file return), you need to mail some forms to the IRS that can't be e-filed.

TurboTax creates Form 8453 for you, and it serves as a cover page for your additional documentation.

Mail Form 8453 to the IRS within three business days after you’ve received your acknowledgment that the IRS has accepted your return to this address:

Internal Revenue Service
Attn: Shipping and Receiving, 0254
Receipt and Control Branch
Austin, TX 73344-0254

Forms that can be sent with Form 8453

What can't be sent with Form 8453

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@roman99 wrote:

.....TT did not pick up the electronic signature I added on the 8453-Corp....

You won't find that signed copy of your 8453-CORP in your PDF; the file you signed and uploaded should be saved somewhere on your computer. The form in your list of forms and PDF will only have the unsigned copy.

Hi Cynthiad66, I did not get a request to Submit the 8453-Corp, I efiled it, but the document I uploaded to TT did not disply the Electronic signture on the form, so its it was sent unsigned...what your saying is either way I would need to mail it since it can't be resubmitted thru TT?

I see, okay thank you, maybe thats why they accepeted filing...I appriciate the replies..

@roman99 wrote:

........the document I uploaded to TT did not disply the Electronic signture on the form, so its it was sent unsigned...

Did you print out the form, sign the form, scan the signed copy, and then did you upload it to the program as an attachment? If so, then it was sent signed.

@roman99 wrote:

I see, okay thank you, maybe thats why they accepeted filing....

Correct; it wouldn't have been accepted otherwise.

Thanks, no I did not print it, I saved it as PDF and used a software for digital signature, its displays when I open the file, just did not show on TT downloaded file, it was blank..

@roman99 

That's fine as long as you signed whatever you uploaded to the program. 

Your return would not have been accepted if there was no signature and date (digital or otherwise).

Thank you, yes, I also just read on the 8453-Corp right on the top its says "Do not file paper copy" so I won't be able to send anyways..Appriciate your replies..

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies