turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to clean up Documents on my Intuit Account? Will "Data & privacy - Delete" remove my registered TurboTax Desktop products?

When I was using TurboTax Desktop 2023, I tried importing the Charles Schwab tax forms, which requires logging into my Intuit Account before connecting to Charles Schwab. After I was done, I realized those forms were also uploaded to my Intuit Account, under the Documents tab:

Screenshot01.jpg

While it's great that my files have backup copies, there are two issues with this experience:

1. Every time I import, even if it's the same forms from the same financial institutions, will result in new copies being uploaded here.

2. There is not an option to delete the files, so I can't clean up my Documents.

So I looked around and found a data deletion functionality under Data & privacy, which looked like this:

Screenshot03.jpg

Question 1: Based on this text, I'm not too sure whether this will delete all my Documents as well? It merely lists tax return + W-2 + audit assistance.

Question 2: If I initiate the data deletion request, it won't delete all my linked license codes right? By "linked license codes" I mean all the past TurboTax Desktop versions I've linked to my Intuit Account under "Products & billing".

Screenshot02.jpg

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How to clean up Documents on my Intuit Account? Will "Data & privacy - Delete" remove my registered TurboTax Desktop products?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies