Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long will my tax refund be pending at my bank

has been pending for 24 hours

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
Sharmaine

If your payment is pending with your bank, please speak with your bank.
I recommend you check your e-file status by logging into the e-file tool. 
If it was accepted, the link below will provide steps on how to further track your refund.
You will need your, social security number or ITIN, your filing status and your exact refund amount. You can obtain this information from your Turbo Tax account. You can keep checking the IRS website until they provide an update on your return, as this is something we will not know.

How do I check my e-file status?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319882

Ozgott

Anywhere from 24-72 hours.

Just spoke to the bank, she said IRS deposits hang like that every year.  Mine has been there for 24 hours and she said it would post tommorow afternoon...  so 48 hours for me.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account. Every bank's time frame can be a little bit different.

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My irs tax refund was sent to my direct express account on the 11th of August still not pending N is this normal

@01 14 1960 wrote:

My irs tax refund was sent to my direct express account on the 11th of August still not pending N is this normal

So this IRS WMR tool says the funds have been sent?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If the IRS has actually sent the funds, the IRS says to allow up to 5 days due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.   But it usually doesn't take that long.

However, there may be another link in the chain that you can check in the meantime if you used the following service:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG) using SBTPG's refund lookup tool.

so I filled the 14 and they looked at the 24 I got my state back then my federal one says 2/14/22 but still hasn't hit bank now showing anything not counting weekends its 21 days so do I have to call IRS and talk to them to see what's going on I don't owe anything I got Edd but I have 70 days to pay it back but also if I owed they would tell me right ?????

@ Kelsey_lynn18 wrote:

so I filled the 14 and they looked at the 24 I got my state back then my federal one says 2/14/22 but still hasn't hit bank now showing anything not counting weekends its 21 days so do I have to call IRS and talk to them to see what's going on I don't owe anything I got Edd but I have 70 days to pay it back but also if I owed they would tell me right ?????

That's confusing to read and understand, especially with no punctuation. 

If you "filed the 14" that has NOT been 21 days.   Or did you mistype the filing date above??

And I don't know what "they looked at the 24" means.

"My Federal one says 2/14/22"--that's the same date you said you filed, so that doesn't gel.  "Says" where??

So please clarify some basic info:

• When did you efile?  
  • Was your efiled Federal return accepted?   If you used Online TurboTax, check and confirm that at the Tax Home of your Online TurboTax account.  (I would assume it has, since it sounds like your state return went through--you wrote "I got my state back.")
  • What is displayed at this IRS website?  Does this IRS WMR tool says the funds have been sent?
    https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Did you have any TurboTax fees, and if so, did you pay them upfront or did you choose to pay them out of your Federal refund?     If you paid any fees out of your Federal refund, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted. Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.) If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG) using SBTPG's refund lookup tool.

Yes, I did that. It’s supposed to be deposited into my bank today but it’s not there . I did do the option to pay the fees through my refund. How do I look that up ?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

It can take up to 5 business days for your refund to deposit within your account.  

If you paid with your refund, you can look up your details of refund disbursement here.  

@JenniferAdams12677

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies