Solved: How long does it take to receive taxes by direct deposit

How long does it take to receive taxes by direct deposit

According to the IRS websitemost refunds are issued in less than 21 calendar days. There may be other issues that could cause a delay in receiving your refund, as noted below.

Please see this information as reported from the www.irs.gov website: https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Some of the information you may find relevant:

How quickly will I get my refund?
We issue most refunds in less than 21 calendar days.

I’m counting on my refund for something important. Can I expect to receive it in 21 days?
Many different factors can affect the timing of your refund after we receive your return. Even though we issue most refunds in less than 21 days, it’s possible your refund may take longer. Also, remember to take into consideration the time it takes for your financial institution to post the refund to your account or for you to receive it by mail.

It's been longer than 21 days since the IRS received my return and I haven’t gotten my refund. Why?
Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return:

• Includes errors
  • Is incomplete
  • Is affected by identity theft or fraud
  • Includes a claim filed before Feb. 15 for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit
  • Includes a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which could take up to 14 weeks to process
  • Needs further review in general

We will contact you by mail when we need more information to process your return.

I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?
The PATH Act of 2015, approved by Congress, requires us to hold the refund for tax returns that include the EITC or ACTC until Feb. 15. We cannot send refunds before then. However, the IRS cautions that your refund likely won’t arrive in your bank account or debit card until the week of February 27, if there are no processing issues with the tax return and you chose direct deposit.

How quickly will I get my refund?

• Includes errors
  • Is incomplete
  • Needs further review in general