Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bxf4

How do I see my entries and TurboTax' calculations (essentially replicating a form 1040 worksheet) for my 2021 tax return? How do I access the work behind the form?

The form has already been submitted and reduced refund received. The IRS corrected something and I want to check it against what TurboTax and I did.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I see my entries and TurboTax' calculations (essentially replicating a form 1040 worksheet) for my 2021 tax return? How do I access the work behind the form?

@bxf4 

So you would need to follow these steps and you can get the diagnostic copy of your tax return with all the calculation sheets included. 

The Print Center is located in the left hand side panel where you select the different sections to your tax return on the bottom.

Here are the steps to the Print Center:

• In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
  • Select Tax Home in the left menu.
  • Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  • Select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this opens the return back up)
  • Select Tax Tools on the left and then Print Center and choose the Print Center

If you select TurboTax Calculations worksheet and government worksheet this will show you all you need to know about your tax return.

I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

as you prepare your return with TurboTax, TurboTax does not record your answers, amounts and selections for review at a later time.

Always print a copy of your completed tax return for your records, and review it carefully before e-Filing.
You will need it if you are audited by the IRS, or to amend if a TurboTax update changes your return or for any other reason,

AND, to find your AGI next year.

@bxf4 

So you would need to follow these steps and you can get the diagnostic copy of your tax return with all the calculation sheets included. 

The Print Center is located in the left hand side panel where you select the different sections to your tax return on the bottom.

Here are the steps to the Print Center:

• In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
  • Select Tax Home in the left menu.
  • Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  • Select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this opens the return back up)
  • Select Tax Tools on the left and then Print Center and choose the Print Center

If you select TurboTax Calculations worksheet and government worksheet this will show you all you need to know about your tax return.

I hope this helps. 

bxf4

Thank you, @KellyA-confused consumer . That gave me exactly what I wanted. I'll need to remember to save that whole bundle every future year. Take care!

In order to suite you best needs you should file with TurboTax Desktop Software. This allows you to move between "easy step mode" & "forms mode". You can't see the behind the scenes action in TurboTax Online. You can get the worksheets for TurboTax and Federal calculations at the end after you pay but unfortunately you won't be able to see the magic unless you start using the desktop software. I am a TurboTax Desktop Home and Business kinda gal. Never will I do the online version again unless there is no other way. I like the forms mode too much. I hope this helps.

@bxf4 

You got it. Glad I could help

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies