keninsr

How do I know if my taxes were EFiled?

ModestaL

How do I know if my taxes were EFiled?

Do you remember clicking on the transmit button?
ModestaL

How do I know if my taxes were EFiled?

While completing your tax return, you must have selected, File in the left-hand menu and keep following the on-screen instructions until you've selected the Transmit my returns now button. You must select that button to electronically send your return to the government.

Once you've done that, the next thing you should see is a Transmission Successful screen. This means your return is on its way to the government agency.

If you haven't e-filed yet to do so, please complete these steps below:·   

• Sign in to TurboTax (if you're not already signed in).
  • Click on the Take me to my Return button
  • Select File in the left-hand menu and keep following the on-screen instructions until you've selected the Transmit Returns Now button.

Your e-file status will show the date you transmitted your return and if it was accepted or rejected. Both your Federal and State will be listed separately if you filed both. 

Click this link to look up your e-file statushttps://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/